Thursday, April 22, 2010

THING 23! and final thoughts

I started this reluctantly, and slowly, but I learned a lot about things I had only heard of and some that were completly unknown to me. I feel like so late-20th century and hope to enter the 21st in the future.
The photo and image sites were some of my favorites. Those things are fun to play around with. The process of fumbling though some of these, delicious for example, has made me want to become more comfortable with the new technologies. One worries about being a little behind the times now, never catching up, and being totally left behind. If nothing else this will help me know what people are talking about.
It would be nice if all the links still worked for the 23 Things. I would also suggest fewer things--ten seems more managable. Pick the ten most up and coming and lay out the pathways through them. If we did ten, or even five, a year, we librarians would be more on top of things. I did appreciate the step-by-step guidance 23 Things provided. I would do it again.



http://www.merlincommunity.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment