Friday, April 16, 2010

Thing # 16 Wikis

I have a bit of experience with these, one of last summer's students created one for my storytelling class--while listening to me lecture. So I know how easy they are to make. It was used a bit by the class, she supplied most of the content. It would be an ideal place for students to post their class assigments once they had handed them in. But library use of Wikis is new to me. It was interesting to see how many various uses libraries around the country put these to.
however--many dead links--this is an area where Maryland 23 falls down occasionally. Makes me wonder if these have on-line bookclub possibilities.
"Wikis level the playing field even further, completely democratizing the process of designing a website. " This quote from Web Junction is a enticing statement. This article also told me what Wiki means--quick in Hawaiian.

No comments:

Post a Comment